About Me

My photo
Strange, clever, dreaming. Not really much to say about myself. Not releasing too many personal details. I prefer to stay unknown...AND MYSTERIOUS!

Thursday, January 3, 2013

I Hate Christmas!

Today's Topics:
  • Christmas
Let me start by saying I don't actually hate Christmas.  I just dislike it.  Sort of.  In a way.

Whether you celebrate Christmas or not, you have to admit, December is great.  Everyone is happy, tons of great events are being held both offline and on, the streets are decorated with beautiful lights, and if you're lucky the ground is covered with a light blanket of snow.  Not to mention all the goodies are on sale.

I just love it.  When Christmas actually comes, that stuff all ends.  When New Years comes, it REALLY ends.  The decorations start coming down, the events wrap up, and the sales end. 

So it's not really that I hate Christmas, I hate what it means.  Like, not what Christmas really means about religion and all that, but what it signals.  The end of the best time of the year.

Also, I feel sorry for those who live in the Southern Hemisphere because Christmas just isn't the same without the cold, snow or no.  Of course, I'm sure you all say the same thing about the warmth! 


No comments:

Post a Comment