About Me

My photo
Strange, clever, dreaming. Not really much to say about myself. Not releasing too many personal details. I prefer to stay unknown...AND MYSTERIOUS!

Monday, January 21, 2013

Fear

Yeah, I was supposed to do this on Saturday but things always happen. 

Now this is an old fear of mine...sort of...



Nothing terrified me more than when I took metal-work classes in school.

I very much had to depend on others; I always needed to check in with my teacher for directions.  And I found out that sometimes I can have a bit of trouble taking directions.  It wasn't a lack of respect for authority or anything, I just didn't always grasp what was being said.

To make matters worse, with the blaring machines and loud forges, half the time I could barely hear a word being said. 

And, depending on how friendly your peers are, luckily my later ones were quite friendly, you have to interact with them a lot.  Same deal.

A lot of the time when people tried to help me, I just sort of went with it.  Whether I had heard what they said ro not, I just sort of did what I thought they may have been saying.  Yikes.

Especially bad when you're messing with 1500 degree pieces of metal. 

But it was great fun.  Lowering a giant saw and sending sparks to the ceiling, twisting molten metal, the strangely relaxing feeling of sanding something down for a long time.

If you ever get a chance to work in a metal room, take it.  It's amazing.  Of course, it depends a great deal on the equipment you have and who's working with you...Which can really dampen your spirits.

Eh, I'm not going to bother today with a witty conclusion.  This post lacks cohesion, but that's okay for today.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment