About Me

My photo
Strange, clever, dreaming. Not really much to say about myself. Not releasing too many personal details. I prefer to stay unknown...AND MYSTERIOUS!

Thursday, January 10, 2013

A Wonderful Inferno

Today's Topics:
  • Music
  • Little Inferno
I'm not ashamed to say that I nearly cried today. 


I went outside, this cold morning, listening to this at near full volume.  My eyes started watering.  Some more songs played, and then I nearly lost it a couple times in the bus when similar songs to the original came on.  Unfortunately, I can't just link all of the good ones, because very few of these are on YouTube.  However, the creator of these songs lets you download them for free on their site, and it is certainly worth the 30 Megabytes.  Or you can just listen to them there, too, if you'd like. 

It's a powerful soundrack, and it accompanied a powerful game. 

Little Inferno, it's called.  Developed by a three-person team.  It's a great game, even if you aren't a huge gamer.  Unfortunately I haven't been able to play it myself yet, but I've seen it in action, and it's just great.

I'd even go as far to call it a masterpiece, something I do with few games.  Few things, really.  And the soundtrack is certainly a masterpiece on its own.  I strongly suggest checking both the game and its music out. 

Now, as far as crying goes, I once shed a tear or two on a bus in Australia.  Again, from listening to a song.  Not only was it very good, the scene I was playing in my head (this was the first time, but I thought of it many times afterwards) was incredibly dramatic, bringing me to tears.  Thankfully, few tears.  And tears with sunglasses covering them up.  But still tears.

I'm not an overly emotional guy.  I'm not much the type to cry.  But sometimes these songs just get me, and today more than others.  Not only is the Little Inferno Soundtrack incredible, its from a game all about burning things to keep warm in a terrible winter.  And today was a fairly chilly day.  The mood was perfect.

Well, once again, check this stuff out. 

Stay warm,
-LogicBox


No comments:

Post a Comment