About Me

My photo
Strange, clever, dreaming. Not really much to say about myself. Not releasing too many personal details. I prefer to stay unknown...AND MYSTERIOUS!

Friday, January 4, 2013

IT'S DONE

This is incredibly rare, two blog posts on the same day!  I don't think I've done this before, and especially not minutes apart.  But this is a special day, indeed.  However I strongly suggest you read my last blog post because it's definitely one of the most interesting things I've had to write about.  Actual substance, not just rambles!  Wow!  Anyway, I have some very important news for you all


My book, Nerds VS Populars, is now available on Amazon.  That's right.  It really is.  Now, before you go crazy, let me pass on some info.  Well, first of all, you can get it here.

Second, it's important to me that you leave an honest rating/review (100% honest, not 85!)  and tell some friends as well.  Being a young writer such as myself, and this being my first published work, I accept that it isn't going to be the best piece out there.

However, I still appreciate every ounce of help anyone gives me.  Which is what I come to next.  Help.

Of course you could go out and tell friends and family, that's all fine and good.  However I thought of some more clever, 100% guaranteed to work wink wink.

First up is forums.  Now let me begin by saying DON'T go spamming forums with millions of posts about my book!  That's a huge no-no!  Most forums have either an off-topic section or even a books and movies section.  It'd be nice if you went to one of these and promoted my book for me.  This is what I plan to do.   But please, if you plan to help me in this way, be mature about it.  No "BY THIS BOOK NAO!!!11!!"  business.

Now, the second way. 

If you haven't played with Cleverbot yet, it's great fun.  It's a vastly intelligent AI that learns from each conversation.  Now it's far from perfect, but depending on what you say and how lucky you are, you can get a very lifelike conversation.

Now, I was thinking. I could use this.  Like I said, it's a learning robot.  So, what if I were to constantly say messages like, "Hey, know what's a great book?  Nerds VS Populars!" or "I just read this great book, Nerds VS Populars!"  Maybe, just maybe, somebody would say, "Cleverbot, read any good books lately?"  and it'd point them to mine. 

Even though probably few would ask this, and even fewer get the response, I'm sure it would warrant at least some interest to hear Cleverbot say it.  It's certainly an interesting marketing campaign.

Well, I have to hurry up and do some advertising so I can go eat breakfast.  Thank you, everyone, for all the support and encouragement you've offered me!

Also, to my Grandmother I'm now wishing I put you in the Special Thanks, but unfortunately I didn't.  So now I tell you thank you for all the support and excitement towards my book!



Oh, I just remembered.  This is my 40th post on this blog.  How appropriate that such a monumental thing gets such a nice clean number!

No comments:

Post a Comment