About Me

My photo
Strange, clever, dreaming. Not really much to say about myself. Not releasing too many personal details. I prefer to stay unknown...AND MYSTERIOUS!

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Just One Day?

Today's Topics:

  • Site Reform
  • Appreciation Day 

I was going to save this until tomorrow, but I just found out I'm going to be gone almost all day, and probably by the time I get back most of you will be sleeping.

First, I'd like to address the site reform.  See what you are reading right now?  This is a little 'preview' of the entire post, which will bring you to the full page if you press that little button, "Continue Reading >>."  Go ahead.  Click it.

Well that was exciting, wasn't it?  Anyway, I'm trying this out for all posts I've already made, and those to come.  I'm also putting little bullet lists so you can see a bit more specifically what each post is about.  But really, why do you care?  You like reading all my interesting posts, right?  Right?

Either way, this is mostly to make the site a bit more organized.

I also added two polls!  If you choose the 'other' option, please leave your idea in the comments below.  And if you go to the lower right corner, you can subscribe to the blog by e-mail, so you get updates whenever there is new content.

Also, I added a bar on the side tab labeled 'Featured Post.'  This will take you to whatever post I think has the most important info.  Right now, this is the featured post, but it will change in the future if ever I have something extra important.  I chose to feature this post because it's info on Appreciation Day.



Now onto Appreciation Day.  If you missed the original post about it, you can find it here.  In case I failed to mention it in my earlier post, I made the holiday up.  Yep, that's right.  And you know what else?  I'm making it an entire week.  That's right, a whole week.  Every year, the week before Christmas.

Now you might be asking yourself, "Why do we need a specific time to appreciate those we care about?"  Well the reason is: we don't.  Frankly, you should always appreciate your friends and family, because you never know if something unfortunate can happen and they are all gone, and you are left wondering how you let the time slip by so fast.  This can be something as simple as a move, or as disastrous as a nuclear war.  

Anyway, that is something good to live by.  That said, I made Appreciation Day/Week (lets just call it Appreciation Week from now on, Mmkay?) specifically for showering people in praise and compliments.  Though it is good to compliment friends, I personally don't think you should ever do it on the scale that Appreciation Week was created for.  This is a time to reveal to those you know all the good little thinks that make them your best friend, your favorite cousin, or the grandparent you want to sit next to at the family reunion.


Well, now onto the feedback.  I didn't get a TON of feedback yet, but I'm assuming it's because nearly everyone over there is sleeping.  In case you didn't know, I took the time to write special little notes (using the template in my previous post) for all my friends on Facebook, and intend to do a couple more friends on a later date (one reason I extended Appreciation Day to Appreciation Week).  

But so far, the feedback has been good, with "Thanks man!"'s and 'Like's and whatnot.  Hopefully I get a lot more once the rooster crows over there in the States.  I definitely enjoyed doing it, and it was worth the effort.  Also, I once again apologize if some of the notes seemed a bit...erm... Generic.  Writing that many notes for different people (some of which I didn't know nearly as well as I would have liked) can be difficult.  But I want you all to know that regardless of how well written the notes were, you are all awesome in your own way. 

And you are more than welcome to participate in Appreciation Week.  In fact, I encourage you to spread the holiday.  I think it's a great concept.  Well, I'll let you get to it.  Have fun!

Merry Christmas, and happy Appreciation Day,
Logic Box

2 comments:

  1. Cameron, your freaking awesome! You take things to a new level that no one seems to want to go to, for the better! I love this concept and I will be celebrating every year! You are just plain awesome, and your a great friend to have! And by the way, when you say "stay epic my friend" it really sounds like the "Most Interesting Man in the World" commercials, where its like "stay thirsty my friends" haha.

    Keep On Rockin',
    Rachael The Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  2. I admit it, I got the 'stay epic my friend' from a parody of the Most Interesting Man in the World. Again, Warcraft Forums, they were saying 'I don't normally...but when I do I...(normally involving a fail). Stay epic my friends.

    ReplyDelete