About Me

My photo
Strange, clever, dreaming. Not really much to say about myself. Not releasing too many personal details. I prefer to stay unknown...AND MYSTERIOUS!

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

No Title Today

Today's Topics
  • Yesterday
  • Today
  • A bit more 9/11 chat
As the title implies, I don't have a witty title today.  I don't really feel like thinking one up right now.  But speaking of titles, I realized that mine yesterday was a bit significant.  Continuing, it was called.  I called it this because I was simply continuing from the points I made the day prior, since I didn't have time to do it then.  


But I realized that it sort of meant something in the means of 9/11.  Because it's continuing to change who we are and what we think and what's going on in the world. And on a side-note, I got a good comment on that post, which I replied to, and you should check it out here.   

Anyway, next year, another wave of the new generation will be exiting High-School and entering 'the real world.'  This is the wave where we'll start to notice something.  Probably some remember September 11th, although maybe didn't know what was going on.  Many probably don't remember very much if anything.

Then, a year or two down the line, we'll get to an age that really wont' remember a thing.  Sure, they'll know about it, but it will no longer be personal.  They probably weren't there, and they wouldn't have watched the horror with the world as the events unfolded.

Which means we'll have to re-evaluate what 9/11 means to us, much as I did yesterday.  And then the next generation will be born, and it will start to become another event they learned about in history class. 

Hopefully by then, they won't need to know about 9/11.  As I said yesterday, it's important we hold on to that, while we continue to fight in the Middle-East, and we should start to let go after the war is over.  Hopefully the next generation will be able have that option. 

Well, anyway, I think it's time I talk about my book.  Although I sort of dislike talking about my book.  You see, I've been saying, "I've almost finished!" For...a very long time...And I feel bad when I keep saying this simple phrase, because I know that I'm getting their hopes up even though it may not get finished.  But then I feel sort of bad by not telling them, because then it starts to sound like I'm forgetting about it, like so many of my other projects.

So really, just know that it will get finished, if it's the last thing I do.  I even told my Dad that if I were to die for whatever reason and hadn't finished my book, that he'll have to do it for me.  As long as it gets out there, then I'll be happy. 

Actually, this is the only reason I fear death.  Well, not the only reason.  I fear painful deaths.  But death itself, I don't.  The only thing I'd feel would be disappointment if I didn't finish a project, especially one that I've promised to see through, something that people have been waiting very anxiously for.  So if, for any wild reason, you are ever concerned about me committing suicide, know that I have too much work to do on Earth already, and even with a full lifespan it'll be hard to finish.  Book related and no.   

But due to my age and cautious lifestyle, I very highly doubt I'll be dying any time soon.  But we never do expect it, do we?

Well I think that's enough gloom-and-doom for one day.  Honestly, I'm just happy I could blog this many days in a row.  Like the days of old! 

Goodnight!

2 comments:

  1. Good job on the blogging bro! I just wanted to let you know that I will wait for your book as long as it takes, if this is going to be on the NY Times Bestsellers. Well, maybe not but I don't mind waiting for it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, good to know everyone's not done with it yet :)

      Delete