About Me

My photo
Strange, clever, dreaming. Not really much to say about myself. Not releasing too many personal details. I prefer to stay unknown...AND MYSTERIOUS!

Saturday, January 28, 2012

It Just Keeps Going..And Going...And Going...

Today's Topic:
    • SOPA
    • PIPA
    • ACTA

    First (sort of, you'll see why in a sec) we got SOPA.  The Stop Online Piracy Act.  You've almost definitely heard about it;  I talked a little bit about it here, though you most likely read about it from the many other sites that shut down for a while (including Twitter, Wikipedia, and Can I Has Cheezburger?).  Then came PIPA, which the protests also talked about, but SOPA, coming first was the big one.  Then we finally banished the two of them back to whence they came, turning even their own supporters against them.  But I've got news for you, it ain't over.


    Yep, that's right.  That fat lady is far from singing.  According to this Mashable, "SOPA is about as dead as a Zombie."

    Yeah, I'm just handing it over to the experts this time.  Read the article here.

    But, there is something, possibly even more dangerous, that is stirring.  And it has been, since 2007.  But only now has it received the spotlight.  ACTA, an international law similar to SOPA and PIPA has gotten a lot of support.  I'm not sure if we can fight it off this time, as there are so many countries that have signed already.  But we proudly went to battle with Congress, we'll do it with the entire United Nations if we have to.  Read this article here. 

    Well, I'll leave it at that.  As I said, I'll let the experts handle it.  I definitely don't want to take another chance of misleading any of you, plus this stuff is a lot better written.

    Hope to see you all on the virtual battlefield,
    Logic Box

    2 comments: