About Me

My photo
Strange, clever, dreaming. Not really much to say about myself. Not releasing too many personal details. I prefer to stay unknown...AND MYSTERIOUS!

Thursday, March 7, 2013

The Evolutionary Wonders of Slenderman

The Slenderman himself was created in 2009 by a couple guys on an internet forum.

Of course, a small part of me would love to believe that some actual legend inspired them, and there is some creepy tree-like creature wandering the woods.  Wouldn't that be something.

I want to start doing some more sciencey blog posts.  Science of all kinds have interested me, and I'm good at plopping big words in when I write.  So now I'd like to look at the science behind the internet mythos of Slenderman.

Granted, if there is some creature resembling Slendy, I doubt it would be some soul sucking, teleporting demon like in the video games.  As cool as that would be.

No, I think through my intense research when I heard about this guy I would've probably found at least some report.

Let's just imagine though, a tall dark creature, animal, really, with many, many tree-like limbs.  Very thin, can stand still for a while, has long arms, lives in the forests.  If there were a creature like this, it would be an extraordinary hunter.  Well, maybe just with things like birds or rabbits, but nonetheless, it would probably be efficiant.

A creature like this sounds just perfect enough to be made naturally by evolution, not just through photoshop.

Of course, I'm not saying that there's a Slenderman out there.  Purely a hypothetical situation.  But I'm not saying there isn't one, either.  I've searched quite a bit to see if there are any records of myths of some spirit or demon or whatever resembling the Slenderman.  Although many mention one, I can't find any actual evidence.  Not even a Wikipedia page.

I dunno, there's some crazy stuff out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment